Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer of 2012....

A couple of weeks ago, Lauren, my ten year old asked me when I was going to update our blog....well nothing like having a child motivate you to do what you need to. Since moving I have been so busy that our family blog fell by the wayside. Now that things are more settled maybe I can get back into doing regular posts, so that at least a bit of my children's childhood can be documented! (which was the reason I started blogging to begin with.)

-June was Lauren's Birthday month, and it seemed like life was so busy her day kind of passed in a blur. The weekend before her school choir sang at the Cardinals game. My Brother and his family, Craig's parents, and some local friends all came to hear and share her experience with her. She was nervous but I think when it was over she was excited to have had the opportunity.

 We know when we go to Jill's there are going to be PUPPIES!!! Lauren could hardly stand to leave them, and begged us to bring one home with us! :)
This guy thought Craig's shoe laces were great!!

Jill and the kiddo's.(and the puppies too of course)

The next weekend we left for our vacation. We stopped in for a short visit with our "old" neighbor/friend from our old neighbor hood in TN. It was bitter sweet, I have to admit I had tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat as we were leaving. Then it was on to the beach...
First time on the beach!




 I think Craig's favorite part of our whole vacation was all the great seafood! It was wonderful!

Hunting sea shells! I think I could get used to this life!

Unfortunately Zane didn't feel good the whole trip! He ran fever and had  "stomach" issues!
We ended up at the ER with him at the end of out trip. :(

Richard Gasser came for a visit, the kids adore him and loved the time  he spent with them. I think Richard had fun too, :)



The kids haven't been to the beach since Zane was 2 so neither of them remembered the ocean.They fell in love the first moment we got there! Our first day there was Hurricane warnings out, but all we got was some strong winds, high tides and a few dark clouds. The whole week the weather was wonderful. St.Louis was under a heat advisory with 107* temps and South Alabama had little humidity and temps int he 80's!

Watching the Blue Angels train. (please ignore the ugly hat....I was trying to keep the sun off my face.)



We went to Pensacola to the Naval Museum, we watched the Blue Angels, and toured the museum. Craig, Richard and the kids really enjoyed it! Me....I think the beach was the highlight of my trip. :)
We decided to take some family pictures on the beach one night because the weather was beautiful an so was the sunset.





I love this one of Lauren. She LOVED the beach, she must be related to her momma. :)


Our last day we went on a dolphin cruise. The normal pontoon boat was booked so they upgraded us to the yacht for no extra charge. Hmmmm, good deal I think! :)


Unfortunately we didn't get too many good pictures of the dolphins, we got better video since it seems that as soon as you see them it is too late to take the picture since they are already back in the water.



We still have more to post of our trip but I will add those once I get them off the camera...besides, this is kinda info overload by it's self. :)

1 comment:

Herod Happenings said...

Love the updated pics. We miss you all!!