Saturday, May 21, 2011

Catching up!

 Lauren and her friend Camryn made themselves shirts for Valentines Day. They designed it and did most of the work. I ended up helping them with the decorative stitches because I was afraid they would shove a needle in their finger. But all in all they turned out cute and the girls were proud of themselves. :)
Lauren dressed up one day trying to look like a teacher but once she got dressed and looked at her self in the mirror she said, "I look like Marjorie!" (Marjorie is one of the sisters in our field.) :)

Lauren created her own "turban" head and listened to Zane read his reader. She is such a good big sissy! 

Zane getting a much needed haircut, I think Craig took this picture at this point of the haircut on purpose. Zane is sporting a reverse Mohawk  :)

Getting ready for field day at school. They were looking pretty cool! (Notice Zane's slicked back hairdo) :)


The past few months have flown by in a blur. It seems like we waited forever for something to happen, and when  it finally happened it all came in just a few weeks.
As most of you know last April (of 2010) Craig found out he was losing his job. Dec. 31 of the same year was his last day at Black and Decker. He was fortunate to receive 4 months of severance so he took a month to just work around the house, then started the job search in February, By the first of March he had gone on multiple interviews but after much thought and consideration accepted a job in St.Louis Mo at Hunter Engineering.
He started work the first of April and since then he has lived in St.Louis Mon-Fri. driving home on the weekends. This is definitely taking it's toll on us.
We are so excited that we only have one week left before we all move to St.Louis as a family. We will be living in a one bedroom apt. for a while, until we sell our house, but we are ok with that as long as we are together!
We haven't yet sold our house and are crossing our fingers it happens soon! I am not sure how it will go with us living in St.Louis and all of our stuff being here but I guess we will take it one day at a time and figure it out as we go.
Sorry for the long post but I wanted to make sure everyone knew how things were going in West TN for the Carrolls. I guess before long we will have to become "The St.Louis Carrolls" or something! :)

2 comments:

Herod Happenings said...

We are going to miss you!! But we will have to come bug you in MO when you get settled in. Hope all goes well for you.

Darcie said...

Thanks for playing "Ketchup", not that our weekly phone calls, don't help us stay caught up. ;-)